Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week one is in the books

Its Saturday afternoon, Only the second time I have had enough energy to walk to where I can access the Wifi here on campus. The  train ride from the burgh to Jackson MS was long an tedious but it was interesting plus I got to see Chris Brammel for a few hours, Chicago is a pretty intense place lol

DAY 1
Monday Feb 27th was my first day on campus was full of paper work, touring the campus, introducing my self to many of the other  166 corps members, and finally finding my bed located in the dorm known as Ann.

DAY 2
Tuesday Feb 28th. Day 2 consisted of a few basic meetings, Getting placed in a Temp team with several other individuals under the care of a TL (team leader) named Seth, hes an interesting guy. Seth has a good sense of humor very well organized, I also became fast friends with one of my roomies who is also on my temp team named Kyle, unfortunately our third roommate is a little strange, but not unbearable.

Day 3
Wednesday Feb 29th. Day 3 was interesting, we picked up uniforms, boots, packs, and a parka. We then got a TB test and a Tetanus shot......My arm still hurts lol

Day 4
Thursday March 1st. This ended up being the longest day of the week thus far. 8am-12pm classes, 12pm-1pm = lunch, 1pm-530pm = classes. today was also the day we start to cook for ourselves.....imagine 40 some people all eating out of the same kitchen on the same exact schedule as you......Crazyness!!!....with the help of another teammate we made pizza for our group.

Day 5
Friday march 2nd. Best day of the week so far. We had several hours of diversity training in the morning but after lunch we donned our uniforms and ventured to a local cemetery for tool training, which in it self was lame, but I got to play with a J-blade which is vicious and an Axe....awesome lol.
The night ended with a spectacular southern thunder storm which lit up the sky in every direction....pretty epic!

Day 6....is that all?
Saturday march 3rd. Woke up early this morning for and optional service learning project (not really optional) spent several hours passing out water and cheering on runners and walkers alike in the annual Vicksburg history 5K. Towards the end of the day a group of roughly 40 of us rallied behind the last remaining contestant and jogged the last mile with her cheering her on towards the finish.....pretty exciting week so far....hope it gets a little less stressful but i doubt that lol.....well anyway its abut dinner time, Sorry for the length of this. I will try to post more often.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your learning and doing a lot so far. Have fun. luv ya

    Stephanie, Chris, Allyssa, Robbie, Aunt Judi and Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will read your blog Buddy! You are my husband after all and I have to be supportive! I like how you describe things by epic and awesome and the fact that you already pointed out the strange person. There's always one in the group. :) Oh and don't hurt yourself with sharp objects!
    Miss Ya, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tell stories better.
    Miss you! Allan does too. lol
    -Soco

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that your being watched over by TL (todd liermann)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol thanks for the messages guys....really appreciate it, you should do me a favor though an follow me so that i can see who it is who leaves messages, if you dont all it says is anonymous lol...ive maneged to figure out who most of you are though....thanks aunt judy, mary and soco

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, when do we get to see a pic of you in your uniform.

    ReplyDelete